Supplier Diversity Program
As a top tier supplier of baked goods, Cafe Valley recognizes that having a diverse supplier pool is a major competitive advantage and a powerful business tool. Cafe Valley’s supplier diversity mission is to proactively identify, build relationships with, and purchase goods and
services from certified small businesses as well as enterprises owned by minorities, women, veterans, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community, and disabled persons that can help Cafe Valley achieve its corporate objectives.
To integrate Supplier Diversity and Inclusion in the Café Valley procurement process and establish and maintain excellent supplier relationships with Diverse Suppliers in the communities we serve.
To establish and implement a sustainable Supplier Diversity and Inclusion program that creates value by:
- Promoting the sourcing of goods and services from high performing, competitive Diverse Suppliers;
- Monitoring and measuring the Supplier Diversity and Inclusion Program effectiveness; and
- Participating in outreach programs/activities to support Diverse Suppliers.
Supplier Diversity Policy
It shall be the policy of Café Valley that diverse suppliers will have an equal opportunity to be included in our strategic sourcing and procurement process. Companies that seek to do business with Café Valley must demonstrate the ability to add value, and provide highquality goods and services that are competitively priced, reliable, and aligned with our superior level of service.
Our objectives include:
- Actively seeking out certified diverse suppliers that can provide competitive, highquality goods and services whose business model is aligned with our business strategy.
- Ensuring the inclusion of diverse suppliers as a part of our strategic sourcing and procurement process.
- Communicating the value of supplier diversity both internally and externally to all stakeholders.
- Leveraging our supplier diversity results to meet our clients’ supplier diversity requirements.
We will measure our success based upon our ability to attain and exceed these objectives.
Café Valley is committed to building a strong Supplier Diversity Program. The foundation of
our program consists of internal and external deliverables to help ensure program success
for all Cafe Valley stakeholders.
Our program focuses on:
- Objective Measurements — establishing and meeting company and departmental goals and objectives that support our overall diversity strategy.
- Tracking and Reporting — monitoring and reporting our progress toward achieving our supplier diversity goals and objectives with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Training and Education — helping to ensure that associates in decision-making positions throughout our organization understand Cafe Valley’s supplier diversity principles and commitment.
- External Outreach Activities — seeking diverse suppliers through active involvement with small business and minority development organizations, and participation in various trade shows and procurement events.
- Communications — educating employees, management, diverse suppliers, and the community-at-large on our supplier diversity program, policies, and achievements.
- Second Tier Program — working with Cafe Valley prime suppliers to achieve supplier diversity at multi-tiered levels within our value chain.
- Awards Program and Recognition — highlighting and rewarding the hard work and outstanding efforts of our employees and recommending suppliers for external awards.
Café Valley Contact Information
Daniel Saulles, Vice President of Purchasing & Sustainability;